charmaine

This first blog of mine is dedicated to our second child, who is now still inside my womb - Week 34. I name it - Charmaine, though we have not decided to name her with Charmaine.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

1st time - Hamster pet owners

Initially when a friend of my friend wanted to give away her baby hamsters and asked me if I would like to have them, omg, I was so excited as I would love to have animals in my house, partly because I wanted my children growing up with love for animals. I must confess that in everything that I do or am doing, I always put my children's interest at heart.

So I went on to check on facts of hamsters either from the owner, friends, colleagues, and online, thank God for weblink, information is freely available.

So these were my questions as first time - hamster pet owner:

1) What species/types of hamsters are they? Btw the owner wanted to give away a pair.

2) How old/ big are they now?

3) Do they bite? Do they fight if they live in the same cage? (cause I heard that hamster is a natural solitaire)

4) How to handle hamsters? (in my heart, I was worried that I dared not touch them....)

5) What kind of food do they eat? What is their diet and nutrition?

6) How to take care things like, changing beddings, bathing sands, pooh, urine..........

Actually, the easiest and fastest way if you do not have time to find out the information, just go to pet shop, the salesman/girls are more than happy to tell you what you need to buy for keeping a hamster. Anyway you still need to buy a cage, beddings, bathing sands, and all sort of necessities. I did that, and in fact I learned basic care from the shop. That is sufficient for a non-experience hamster pet owner needs to know and to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home